Welcome to Our Healing Roots, a blog exploring natural medicine that returns us to the roots of health and wellbeing. Our Healing Roots, LLC, is a private natural healthcare practice and experiential learning center that advocates the safe use of integrated, natural medicine. Many healing ways have gone by the wayside with the advent of conventional medicine. While it is important to receive professional medical advice for serious conditions, there are many things we can do at home to prevent disease and maintain our health. The Latin word for doctor is docere, which means to be a teacher. Our Healing Roots wholehearted embraces the importance of teaching in healthcare, so that people feel empowered about their health and wellbeing. More information about this business can be found at www.ourhealingroots.net.

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Time to Rest


As the day darkens and the weather becomes cold, it is a natural time to rest and go inward. I laugh a little writing this because I know that is the last thing many people are doing right now. The holidays are approaching, and it is a time of parties, baking, shopping, travelling, being with other people. In truth, this week has been quite busy for me as well.

Now the snow and sleet has come. My clients have cancelled for today. Many of my weekend plans are no more. I have no plans to travel on the roads. The snow has brought its own form of rest for me.

This month I am focusing on the topic of rest and turning inward. I have two local events planned, so mark your calendars for these restorative events. Please share with your friends and family in the Tulsa area...

"Natural Strategies for Restorative Sleep"
Thursday, December 19th
7:00 p.m.
Green Acres Market in Jenks

"Nurturing the Inner Self"Sunday, December 22nd
2:00 p.m.
306 Phoenix House

2 comments:

  1. Actually, we are not all out and about, wrapped up in the Christmas frenzy. We have learned to slow down, enjoy it for what it really is, and stay out of the big-box stores. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Kristina! I'm so glad you have found a way to slow down and enjoy what really is. I sincerely believe it is important to create space for that. I retreat to a space of quiet and dreaming at the end of each year. It is restorative and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete