Welcome to Our Healing Roots, a blog exploring natural medicine that returns us to the roots of health and wellbeing. Our Healing Roots, LLC, is a private natural healthcare practice and experiential learning center that advocates the safe use of integrated, natural medicine. Many healing ways have gone by the wayside with the advent of conventional medicine. While it is important to receive professional medical advice for serious conditions, there are many things we can do at home to prevent disease and maintain our health. The Latin word for doctor is docere, which means to be a teacher. Our Healing Roots wholehearted embraces the importance of teaching in healthcare, so that people feel empowered about their health and wellbeing. More information about this business can be found at www.ourhealingroots.net.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Craving Something Sweet...

The other night I was craving something sweet. I didn't want to choose junk food because I don't like the way it makes my body feel. Luckily I remembered those freezer cookies I used to make as a kid. The solution was perfect for that desire for something sweet, and I felt okay after eating them.

In a small bowl, I mixed uncooked oats, nut butter, cocoa powder and just a little bit of honey. Then, I rolled the "dough" into balls. These cookies are good at room temperature but very messy. I noticed this looking at my white blouse as my fingers were covered in chocolate.  So, I placed the cookies in the freezer to harden.

This is a great snack idea and it's quick. This cookie can be adapted in many ways. Dried fruit paste can be substitute for honey. Powdered herbs can be added for additional benefit (think maca or ginseng powder). Alternatively, roll the cookies in nuts or coconut flakes.  Enjoy and have a sweet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment